Pages

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Welcome & a popular recipe from Pinterest

Welcome to my new blog!  I had to make some adjustments due to some posting rules & regulations for the stamping company I am a consultant for.  I LOVE their stuff but, I love a LOT of other products too.  I can't mix the two on my blog if it states I am a demo for them.  SO...I took all the references to that company off so I can create & share whatever I like!  Thanks for stopping by!

So we all love Pinterest, right?  Well, one of my boards that I need to get in the habit of updating is my "Inspired by Pinterest" board.  Here is a link: Inspired By Pinterest I noticed that one of my pins (with a not-so-great picture I took) was getting repinned a lot this week.  It's a recipe for Trisha Yearwood's Baked Spaghetti.  This stuff is seriously delicious!!  We have made it several times & eat every bite until the dish is clean.  It's one of those dishes that tastes even better when you reheat the leftovers. It's not exactly a summer recipe but,  I really don't think it's too heavy if you want to try it before it gets too hot outside. One thing we do is substitute ground turkey for the ground beef.  Here is my amateur picture followed by the recipe.  Enjoy!!

Carole

P.S. Please check back often as I get more posts up.  I will be featuring lots of info. about Project Life, crafting, organization, recipes & more.  I will also throw in a few pics of my pugs from time to time.


BAKED SPAGHETTI
Credit: Home Cooking with Trisha Yearwood
Servings: 12 servings



Ingredients:
6 slices bacon
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped bell pepper
3 14.5-ounce cans diced tomatoes with liquid
1 2.25-ounce can sliced ripe black olives, drained
1–2 tablespoons dried oregano, according to taste
1 pound ground beef, browned and drained
12 ounces thin spaghetti, cooked and drained
2 cups grated cheddar cheese (5 ounces)
1 10-ounce can cream of mushroom soup
¼ cup water
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9 × 13 × 2-inch baking dish.

In a large skillet, cook the bacon until slightly crisp, then cut it into smaller pieces. Remove the bacon and sauté the garlic, onion, and bell pepper in the bacon drippings until tender. Add the tomatoes, olives, oregano, bacon, and the cooked beef. Simmer this mixture, uncovered, for 10 minutes.

Place half of the spaghetti in the prepared pan. Top the spaghetti with half of the vegetable-beef mixture. Sprinkle this layer with 1 cup of cheddar cheese. Repeat the layers. Mix the canned soup and water until smooth, and pour over the casserole. Sprinkle the top with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 30 to 35 minutes, or until heated through.
(You can substitute ground turkey for the ground beef.  Also, mozzarella can be substituted for cheddar cheese or use a combo of both.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment